All you need to know about Invisalign.
A beautiful, smile is a powerful thing. It can change your outlook, help you overcome inhibitions and give you greater confidence – in both your professional life and when you are out socialising.
With Invisalign, you can achieve this smile without using traditional fixed braces. This Fact Sheet provides information about the Invisalign System, so you can discover if a clear, convenient and comfortable teeth straightening treatment is the right course of action for you.
If you’ve ever thought about improving your smile, Invisalign could be the clear way forward.
What is Invisalign?
Developed by Align Technology together with leading orthodontists in 1997, Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of custom-made clear aligners. Comfortable, clear and removable – Invisalign transforms your smile without disrupting your life. Something that over 2.5 million people worldwide have already discovered.
Are comfortable and nearly invisible.
Gently and continuously move your teeth in small increments.
Are worn for approximately two weeks. Then you switch to a new set of aligners.
Are removable so you can eat whatever you want and maintain good oral hygiene.
By using advanced technology, Invisalign can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic issues that were previously treated with traditional braces – from minor tooth movements to more complex cases. These issues include:
• Overly crowded teeth. • Widely spaced teeth. • Cross bite.
• Deep bite.
• Under bite.
Consult an Invisalign Provider to determine whether Invisalign is suitable for you.
How does the treatment work?
It takes approximately between 9 and 18 months to create a new smile using Invisalign. Getting there takes
just five simple steps:
1. You meet with an Invisalign Provider for a consultation about your treatment.
2. Based on your Invisalign Provider’s treatment plan and your dental records, a virtual 3D treatment plan is generated that shows you the expected movement of your teeth from their current position to the desired final position.
3. Once you and your Invisalign Provider have approved the treatment plan, the aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth. The number of aligners varies for each person.
4. You wear your aligners about 20 to 22 hours every day, except to eat, brush, and floss, or for a specific occasion.
5. Every two weeks, you switch to a new set of aligners. The aligners will gradually move your teeth towards their final prescribed position.
Custom-made to fit your teeth and your lifestyle, Invisalign offers many benefits beyond your brand-new smile:
Nearly-invisible aligners mean hardly anyone will notice that you are straightening your teeth.
The removable aligners allow you to maintain your dental hygiene, brushing and flossing as usual.
You can also remove the aligners briefly to eat, drink or for special occasions.
Even before you start treatment you’ll know how long your treatment may take and what your teeth are expected to look like at the end.
How much does Invisalign cost?
As with other types of orthodontic treatment, the cost of Invisalign is dependent on the complexity of your issue and your course of treatment. And, although only an Invisalign Provider is able to fully determine your cost, prices for Invisalign treatment are generally between £2,500 - £4,500. However, if only minor tooth movement is required, prices could start from £1,500.