In the unfortunate event you have a tooth knocked out, you may want to follow these tips. Most accidents involving tooth loss are:
- Car crash
- Biting hard food
If a baby tooth has been knocked out it usually is left out. However; if the tooth is an adult tooth it can sometimes be reimplanted. In most cases, only permanent, adult teeth are reimplanted into the mouth.
Save and take any knocked out tooth to your dentist as soon as possible. Time is of the essence! The sooner you get to the Dentist the greater the chance of the reimplanted tooth working.
- Try to put the tooth back in your mouth where it fell out, being careful not to swallow the tooth.
- Place the tooth in a container and cover with milk.
- Apply a cold pressure to your mouth and gums.
- Apply direct pressure using gauze to control bleeding.
- Goto dentist right away.
To help prevent having your tooth knocked out:
- Avoid falling
- Use a mouth-guard
- Wear seat-belts.
- Avoid food like Crackling.
- Stop fighting!